fredag 21 januari 2011

On track

It seems to be possible to improve, or at least maintain a reasonable performance level, in running without running much. Lately, I haven't been doing much else than riding the bike trainer. Much high intensity and – behold – with good cadence and pedal stroke.
But not much running, most of the times off the bike and purely aerobic. No intensity work at all.  Last time I ran fast was a miserable 10K in a snow blizzard in early december.
Still, running a 10*1000 m workout on the track today went quite ok. I started out at 4.15 and worked myself down to around 3.30, with a 1.00 rest. Felt easy, no pushing at all. My heart rate peaked at 183, nowhere near 195 which is my max.

Got some sparring from a group of army recruits running the cooper test. Not much sparring though. At least, they won't be running away from the frontline in case a war breaks out - they wouldn't get far.

Below I presented my race calendar for 2011. Well, it's quite useless if one doesn't define any goals, is it not? Therefore:
Barcelona Maresme Half Challenge, 29th May. Total time sub 4.32. (I would say 4.30, but the sea swim is slow.) Top 15 in my category.
Ironman Nice, 26th June. Sub 10.20. (It IS a tough course, believe me). Category top 30.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar