tisdag 18 januari 2011

Maintaining focus

It might be a tough two weeks come july-august - I´ll be racing the full ironman distance in Nokia on 31st July and the Kalmar ironman race 6th August. Might be tight with the supercompensation.
If not, of course, the race in Nokia is postponed for three weeks. It all depends on whether ETU and the Finnish Triathlon Association can reach an agreement regarding the ETU long course championships due to be held in Finland in late August. I suspect it will not happen, but in that case I will be doing Nokia, Kalmar, and ETU long course. Sweet.
The main goal for this season is, though, the Ironman Nice 26th June. I have some unfinished business there, and by that I don't mean I left the hotel without picking up the bill last time.
The first race for the season  will be the Barcelona-Maresme Half Challenge 29th May. It certainly feels good to have a goal relatively early on in the season, to keep motivated during the winter.
Right now the weather has made it all but impossible to do any effective bike training outdoors. I've been riding some 10 hours a week on the bike trainer. Even running is hard outdoors because of all the snow and the occasional really cold days. Keep focus.
Recently, I've found some inspiration in reading Michael Phelps autobiography No Limits - The Will to Succeed. Great motivational reading!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar