onsdag 27 oktober 2010

Black ice

I was somewhat stupid to go out riding last night with nothing but a tiny LED light and cross tyres. Turned out it was pitch black. And then I realized, when I saw the road salt car, that the wet pavement may freeze. Had a helmet though.
Nah, did a good 3h, with the last 90 minutes pushing the pedals slightly above aerobic threshold pace. No fear.
No fear today either, when I went running in the stairs in Helsinki's Malminkartano. They were covered with black ice. And I forgot to bring my spiked sneakers. I managed not to slip and did my best time, 1.28, during this fall.
Stairs do me so good. Power, vo2 max, power. Just what I need.
But I don´t need the winter. I hope it won't be like last year, when the temperature hit -20 degree celsius for a couple of weeks – and the snow just wouldn't stop coming.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar